The Portage County Gift Certificate Program is an excellent way to promote local spending and local business patronage, and is also a very popular gift to give.
The Portage County Business Council, serving also as the countywide Chamber of Commerce, creates programs and manages development projects to enhance the economy of Portage County. The Gift Certificate Program was created in the early 1990s to help keep money in the community. We encourage local businesses to use Portage County Gift Certificates as an employee incentive tool. This helps ensure that local money stays and works in our economy. Since the Program began, $5,730,835 in gift certificates have been sold!
- Gift certificates are available from all Portage County banks, credit unions, the Stevens Point Convention & Visitors Bureau, and also from the Portage County Business Council.
- Gift certificates are issued for $5, $10, $20, $25, $50, and $100.
- Gift certificates expire one year from the date of issue.
- Gift certificates are to be paid for at the time of purchase, cash or check only.
- There are no additional charges for the gift certificates purchased (i.e., taxes, bank charges, non-member fees, etc.)
- Gift certificates are redeemable at any business with a Portage County address. The majority of businesses in the area do accept the gift certificates however, businesses have the right to not accept them, due to their policies.
- Although every business has their own policy, generally, if the total amount of the gift certificate is not used at the time of purchase, the remainder of the amount should be given to the customer in cash or store credit.
- If gift certificates are to be mailed to a predetermined address, please include addressed and stamped envelope with your payment. We are not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates that have been mailed.
If you have any questions regarding the Portage County Gift Certificate Program, please feel free to contact us at the Portage County Business Council:
Phone: (715) 344-1940 or